Friday, September 12, 2008

Grandma's Bookcase






Ok, so I got off to sort of a slow start with the blogging thing.  But I've been very very busy.  I had a sweet little bookshelf that used to sit on the back porch of my grandparents' house. The last few years it's been in the garage, collecting dust and assorted junk.  I wouldn't let my DH get rid of it, but I admit it was looking pretty sad.  But I have a bunch of children's books that are way too young for my dear ones, but that I wanted to keep for little ones that come over, for my daughter to use when she babysits, or for, I don't know, the grandchildren I hope to welcome some day far far in the future!


 It started out like this.
But now it looks like this.





I smile every time I walk up the stairs and see it in my hallway!

No comments: