Saturday, November 8, 2008

A Little Before & After




This summer when my oldest son was away on a mission trip I took a good hard look around his room.  He has high shelves running across two walls in his room. A great idea for kids' rooms btw! But the poor kid still had teddy bears up there and he was 17 years old!  And letmetellya I'm not a big one for cleaning things I can't reach or don't notice often so everything up there was dusty and gross.

So I got out the vacuum and some rags and went to work.  Everything came off the shelves, got cleaned and de-grossed, and I took a good hard look at all the stuff  before I put select items back.  I tried to de-clutter and keep sentimental things at the same time.  Here are the Afters....what do you think?  A little more fitting for a senior in high school?


5 comments:

BPOTW said...

You know, I'm not surprised that, as a boy, he didn't notice the teddy bears and dust either. Great job!

Thanks for submitting your post again!

Debbie said...

Hi Mama Dog! Thanks for stopping by Blog Around the World. Just wanted to let you know that you are all linked up! Check in daily to see where in the world we are headed next!

Mama Dawg said...

Hey! Thanks for stopping by! Yeah, it looks a lot more suited to a high school senior now!

The Beauty Bargainista said...

wow, it looks great! :)

By the way, I am having a giveaway on my blog! I would love for your to stop by and check it out! :)

Boom said...

OOOOOH.....I love a good project! Good work, Mama.